Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 IN REVIEW

If my calculations are correct, I have read 34 books in 2012.  Here are my picks for the best ones - my favourites, which I would encourage you to read.  (Not all were released in 2012)

Absolute favourite book read in 2012.
A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords 2 - Blood and Gold by George R.R Martin (2000).  This book completely blew my mind.  Excellent writing, excellent storytelling, and jaw-dropping surprises.  Of course, you would have had to read the previous three books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series to really appreciate this one.


Best Young Adult novel:
Both Hunting Lila (2011), and its sequel Losing Lila (2012) by Sarah Alderson.  This was the best YA fiction I have read in a while.  The story is gripping, the characters are fascinating and the writing is wonderful.


Best historical novel:
Maid to Match (2010) by Deeanne Gist.  This book was beautifully done, very realistic and an all-round lovely read.


Best Christian novel:
Pearl In The Sand (2010) by Tessa Afshar.  It has been a few years since I have discovered a book I love this much.  It is right up there with Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, which is my favourite novel of all time.  Perfection.


Best Tyndale review book:
Trauma Plan (2012) by Candace Calvert.  This is a close second to best Christian novel.  I loved everything about this book; great story, great lessons and wonderful character development.


Here's hoping 2013 will bring more amazing books, and deliver some more masterpieces we can claim as favourites.

Happy reading.
 

2 comments:

  1. Get all the best alcoholic drinks on Duty Free Depot!

    All the world famous brand name drinks for unbeatable low price tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Followers

Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...