Friday, February 24, 2012

J.K ROWLING IS FINALLY PICKING UP HER PEN AGAIN!

J.K Rowling, author of the best-selling Harry Potter series, has revealed that she has signed a deal for a new book, almost five years after the release of the final Harry Potter book.  The new book, which title, details and release date are not being made public just yet, will not be another children's book.  Rowling is trying her hand at adult fiction!


In a statement released by Little, Brown Rowling says:

“Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

 It will be interesting to see if Rowling can successfully make the transition from children's author to adult author.  I'm sure she will.  I've never really considered the Harry Potter series to be children's books.  I know many adults who have read it, and who agree.  J.K Rowling is a very gifted storyteller who always managed to surprise me with the conclusions of each of the Harry Potter books.  She always kept me guessing, and I always guessed wrong.  If her new novel is a crime drama as rumoured, I just know she will deliver another brilliantly written story with many twists and turns, and unexpected outcomes.



I, for one, am eagerly anticipating Rowling's new book, and I will definitely grab it off the shelfs as soon as it hits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...