Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FALLEN ~ LAUREN KATE

It is with great anticipation that I await the release of Torment, the second of four books to be released by Lauren Kate. Torment will hit the shelves at the end of September, and my hands are itching for my copy. I literally cannot wait to see what happens to Luce and Daniel next.

Today I urge you to read Fallen, the first book of the series, if you haven't done so yet.

In a literary world where so many series are being released, devoured and praised, the Fallen series is unique and promises to be intriguing until the end.  Kate writes brilliantly and encorporates a very colourful cast of characters along with Luce and Daniel. Plus, there's a bit of a love triangle going on which, let's face it, we always love.

I finished reading Fallen in three days - It would have been in one if I didn't have to go to work and earn my bread and butter, but you get the picture. It's a book that had me crying in the prologue (!) and took me on an emotional journey with Luce. Throughout the book I could feel everything she was feeling - the sign of a brilliant writer! I couldn't put Fallen down, and I'll bet you won't be able to either!

Fallen
Some Angels are Destined to Fall

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. 
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – and goes out of his way to make that very clear – she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret... even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story ~
as per Lauren Kate's website.



If you're on Twitter, you can follow Lauren at http://twitter.com/laurenkatebooks. She's fun to follow as she gives regular updates on how her writing in the series is going, and often asks fan feedback.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Twitter

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...